Monday, October 25, 2010

Slow Cooked Italian Sausage and Peppers Rotini



By demand, I will put this recipe up so people can try it themselves. To be honest, it's not my recipe. I bought a little booklet a couple of years ago called "Slow Cooker - come home to comfort" by Pillsbury. It's a collection of 42 quick meals and I haven't really tried many of the recipes from it. The few I did make before, I took the liberty to change the proportions a little and it didn't turn out as great as I thought it would... so it's been sitting on the shelves for a loooong time. This time I decided to give it another go with a simpler recipe and tried to stay as faithfully to the proportions as possible with given my nature... and it turned out to be a success! :D I'm very excited. It was also very quick, very simple, not many ingredients and all can be found with reasonable price. Not to mention one pot will probably last you all week if you're dining solo. So without further blabbing, here is the recipe:

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/slow-cooker-italian-sausages-and-peppers-with-rotini/c0e2ac85-a7d3-4992-917a-8a5a3d6251ce/

It can be easily changed to be vegetarian or vegan by removing the sausage or replacing with some veggie substitute to add flavor.

Now go try it yourself! And let me know how it turned out, post some pictures and share your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment