Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hal Mou Ni Grandma Soon Tofu & Korean BBQ

Geez, that's a long name!



This is one of the newer Korean restaurants on Convoy that opened up about a year ago, they recently expanded to take over the next door property so now there's two next to each other? I don't know. Anyway, the HES (my bf) found this on a blog and alerted me to this. We decided to try this since we haven't had Korean food in San Diego for a while now.


It's a decent-sized restaurant, clean, each table is separated into little cubbies, but not claustrophobically so. They had nice decore, more than you average Asian restaurant.


After we ordered, they brought us these appetizer/side dishes, most of them pickles, more than most other Korean restaurants in the area. I love the potatoes. They're my favorite anywhere that serves them.


We ordered a tofu & bbq combo. This is the tofu, I got vegetable/vegetarian. It may look very red and spicy but it was actually not. There were options of spiciness on the menu but didn't ask me how spicy I wanted it, maybe I should have told them.


This is the bbq. Beef bul-go-gi. The best I've had of the Korean restaurants on Convoy so far! It's half-portioned because it was part of the combo. The meet was very tender and full of marinade.


We also got Dolsot Bimbimbap (hot stone rice). It had lot of veggies, which I liked, but otherwise nothing special.


Midway through our meal, the waitress brought us some warm beef broth... it was creamy, a tad oily, but good. We weren't sure why they brought us that?


They gave us some interestingly cut oranges when we got the check... hmm fresh sweet oranges.

Overall it was a pretty good place. Probably the best Korean on Convoy so far, although there are still some places we need to try. The price was on the mid-high range as far as Korean food goes. Check turned out to be $32 with tip and tax, but we were very full and still had leftovers... so maybe not for your average college-night dinner, but perhaps once in a while.

Hal Mou Ni
4425 Convoy st #217
San DiegoCA 92111

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
    Θωρακισμένες πόρτες

    ReplyDelete