Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday night outing: Buca de Beppo

This shall be a short post, most because I only have one picture of the food we ate that night because we were all too hungry by the time we got food and I forgot to take picture of the things we ordered until about 1/3 way through... I'm so smart. Anyway, the HES and I met our friends and old roommates for dinner because we haven't really seen each other since we moved out. I proposed to go for something more expensive since it's been a while (and we also had a coupon). Buca de Beppo, a Italian chain restaurant of above average quality, portions, and decent prices, that is, if you go with a group. In fact, the more people you have the better, since it's all family style dinning.

Anyhow, enough blabbing, here's what we ate:


From left to right: Chicken Parmesan, Spicy Chicken Rigatoni, Chicken Carbonara. All were nicely seasoned, with great portions, and very filling. I love the prosicutto in the carbonara. The cream sauce was rich, a little heavy, but not too much. And did I mention I love prosciutto?



Free bread with meal, which I must say, AWESOME bread! Even without the olive oil-balsamic dipping. Can also request refills. Seriously, it was very good bread.

Total cost for 4 people with enough leftovers for 1 meal: ~$65, including tax and tip. That's after our $10 off coupon. I would say it's worth it for the ambiance, quality of food and service, and of course the company.

The place does get a little crowded during dinner time, even on a Wednesday night, so reservations is a plus.


Buca de Beppo
10749 Westview Pkwy
San DiegoCA 92126

No comments:

Post a Comment